Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sadness in my Sleep



Twice now, I've awakened to a deep sense of Sadness. Someone I care very much about told me they had been physically abused; it's haunted me. Not because I have any personal attachment to the Fact (meaning, it doesn't make me think about my own experiences) but because I can't stomach anyone being cruel to this Wonderful Person. I can't fathom the Betrayal of Trust…how can anyone of us truly process Cruelty? I find it oddly reassuring that these feelings have sort of "skipped" my Conscious and went straight to my Subconscious…there's no doubt I truly care. I have more trust in my Subconscious Intuition.

I don't expect to keep having Sadness in my sleep now that I've written about it. Well-played Self! Thank you, Great Whatever!

At the risk of seeming truly "out there", I get a lot of reassurance from this article: What A Shaman Sees in a Mental Hospital. (Not in regard to the aforementioned Wonderful Person…talking about me now.) I look back at the times when my mental illness was acute and I'm so lucky to feel no attachment to those times…at least physically. In the past, I'd start to lapse just by thinking about PD. 

I don't see myself as a "Healer"(per the article) so much as a Proprioception Facilitator. There's never a moment when I'm doing bodywork that I'm not engaged in a Cooperative Effort. (If a client is asleep, I get much clearer feedback…sometimes in the form of snoring changes haha) I am so very lucky to be doing this work especially with my Special Needs clients. The Great Whatever has blessed me with the opportunity to communicate with those who cannot speak words…

And…as a total sidebar: somewhere along the line, I made the decision to make all of my blog art-ing 10"x10" Photoshop size. Seeing as how I have this wild hair to use my morning "break" for this stuff, I guess efficiency is a good thing. I just hope there isn't a loss of….conveyance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home