Monday, September 01, 2014

Labor(less) Day



'Not completely without labor…I did go to my new job and I have a pretty fucking substantial list of things past due. It's so hard to focus on "real work" in the 'Hut, especially if my shoulders are aching. The Fam-damnily went to my sister's for my dad's birthday celebration. We've taken to playing a game called Rummikub…for hours at a time. I just can't sit that long staring at game tiles; I often hop up for a quick smoke after each game but it's mostly to stretch outside.

And it's been during these get-togethers for Game Night, that I feel the most alienated from my nuclear family. My 22 years away had an effect; there's a lot that I didn't share with the family around the table. They've developed common interests: books, movies, shows, trips together. 'Better to benignly ignore me than acknowledge anything positive about me. I'm still too cheery for this crowd…but at least they laugh more these days. I'm learning to bow out of some things…much like I do when a lot of extended family members are around here. 'Best to stay "fresh". I'll likely skip the annual trip to Port A. Besides not really being able to afford it, the last time I mostly slept. I have a feeling I'd be likely to do the same.  I'll have to gauge my decision on Nag Factor. I suspect my dad's pissed enough at me already; don't want to cause any issues or any drama. 'Don't want to listen to snark either. The World is a Better Place with me in the 'Hut!

Ahhhhh…my love life. What I'm enjoying the most is how I'm NOT getting totally swept away. Oh I've got the "jones" for the loving and I'm relishing every single moment alone with this man but…I'm not turning into a total Fucking Nut. Oh I'm sure I've come kinda close; I can't kick the impulse to disclose too much information… Instead of screaming at me like GMP would, this Good Sport hands me tissue and reassures me that the first years after his divorce were filled with stupid mistakes. A little patience and compassion goes so far! GMP mocked my suggestion that he use gentle physical cues to shut me up…and here's a man that does it without me even noticing. Viva la Mental Health!

And c'mon…the very most irresistible trait this Good Sport possesses is the ability to be totally at home in the 'Hut for an extended period of time. How am I supposed to react to that? Yesterday morning, he had me play this: 5th Dimension Working on a Groovy Thing

Life is really good no matter how I might bitch and moan and get lost on Stupid Shit. The Great Whatever has a way of striking Balances…if we Surrender.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home