Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Up and Away...


Sat down to work on this last night and got side-tracked; I wasn't really "feeling" the Muse anyway. I just couldn't get motivated with this image so I kinda stuck it together and smacked it on here lol.

I've been back from Camp Meeting for a week now and I'm still processing some stuff from that. Mostly though, I've been feeling "recalibrated" and some very interesting events have kinda flowed forth…
1) At literally my darkest moment financially, I finally decided to look into part-time caretaker positions on Craiglist. The first one I read is the position I interviewed for yesterday. My potential employer is a professional woman who happens to be in a wheelchair. She only wants help three times a day and uses 3 people to fill the time slots i.e. most times, it's once-a-day for 2-3 hours, potentially 7 days a week. This could double my income and I don't have to sell french fries.
2) I went on my 2nd "real" date from the singles site. About 5 minutes into conversation, my date started asking questions based on my Profile. "So…you say your cousin is a musician. What's his name?"
Me: "Doug Moreland." My date freezes.
Date: "My son-in-law is playing with him this very moment. He's their sub on the bass tonight in Alpine…"
and a new friendship is born. He's a little too up in age for me but I think we'll have fun exploring music venues. Quite nice to be in the company of a True Gentleman.
3) I have a date on Wednesday night…a new one from the site. I have a hunch we'll enjoy hanging out at the Moontower.

So where does this all put me in relation to the two men I spend most of my mental/emotional/spiritual energy on? Right where they should be, just as they are. The quasi-dating is all about getting out there and being part of the world. I feel like my heart is "occupied" enough that I'm not risking infatuation or even wanting any kind of intimacy. Is it better to date when you're "in love" with someone else? Who the Hell knows…

I'm willing to bet there are folks on my periphery who might be feeling neglected about now. Well, that is very likely a Choice and not a Reality. If you haven't seen me, call me. And be forewarned: I've been eliminating "snark" from my Emotional Diet. Rather than engage, my newest tactic is to politely leave… If for some reason that is a "shoe" that fits, might I suggest some gentle walking around? Mull it all over.

I'm risking total procrastination if I continue writing; as always I have reports due. I feel so…wonderful…at the prospect of eliminating my only remaining source of True Stress: $$$

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home