Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I'm Just a Social (Network) Butterfly

I should teach a class. Honestly. Maybe it was all of those hours of business networking in Philly and when I first moved to Lockhart; I've just learned a lot of what NOT to do on FB. So here's my advice:

- Never complain about your business, your health, your finances, or any entity (religious, political, "lifestyle choice" et al).
- Complaining about the weather, your car, your sick pet or child…perfectly fine…in moderation.
- Never make family announcements without expressed permission to do so. Wise with anyone…
- Only "Like" positive, neutral posts. Photos of babies, funny animals, great art/music are always a "win" but when in doubt, don't do anything…unless you want folks to see it.
- Actively support and promote businesses, artists, family but ONLY if it's a sincere endorsement or demonstration of encouragement. (I quit "liking" a photographer whose work…well…kinda sucked. 'Occurred to me finally that I wasn't doing either one of us a favor.)
- Be sincere. Don't "like" every photo or honor every birthday if you're just not into it.

That's all I can think of for now… I've managed to procrastinate away another hour. Pffft. Effing reports for work. Sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home