Thursday, January 19, 2012

Morning Detanglin'


This is a photo of my dance surface in my home studio circa 2007(?). The total size was close to 6'x6' and was made with remnant flooring and black gaffer's tape. During the 90's, I created at least 4 performance art pieces on this surface including one titled, "Living in My Sweet Little Box" and "Fuck John Zorn". My feet miss the vinyl and the tape...I miss looking down and seeing 45 degree angles.

'Just randomly decided to use the floor pic for my MDR art.

Addendum: A friend of mine posted that today is Janis Joplin's birthday. I posted the link to her picture and it started nice quiet cry. My mother died a month and a day after Janis. Being almost 6, I absorbed that time like a sponge and there are certain songs that I always took literally... Cry Baby Nice. Nothing like a healthy saline wash from within! Tears are awesome.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home