Monday, January 09, 2012

Discipleship Denied

(if the font is weird, it's because I gave up on making it match! blogger has goblins.)

I've been working on my Tangled Fishing Line... when I've had a chance. My daughter was just here for a week. (So many wonderful conversations with her, btw. I'm saving all that for another entry or for an image.) I thought about recent interpersonal messes and concluded that, at some point, I will be offering an apology. I will put on the table examples of my own Discipleship Denied.

"Each one of us hens shares something each week called “discipleship denied.” This is to represent a time during the week in which although called to follow the teachings of Christ, we failed to do so. This can be either a big or small event. To recognize our failures, we must be self-aware. This is like confession time. Sometimes, confessing our shortcomings is really difficult." from the blog: robbinswrites

There were a number of times I could have acted upon circumstances in a much more firm and direct manner. I should have just allowed myself to be hated from the get-go and nip this crap in the bud. Doing nothing is sometimes worse than acting. I sat by and watched mistakes and said nothing. And it wasn't as if this were happening in just one realm of my life either. There's a broader lesson here...a challenge that I'm such a wuss about. Do I risk looking self-righteous and judgemental? Or do I, as I did recently, worry incessantly over the people I care about? Who am I protecting?

Cyber-Universe: I'm walking into some new realms this week. I'm hopeful that I will encounter a less worrisome future.

Cyber-Self: Congrats on the clean office and the organized gear! Puttering suits you. XO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home