Monday, January 16, 2012

Some People Who Think like Me

(watch "Question!") I first saw this video when I was working for the Opera Company of Philadelphia. Our production of Mozart's "The Magic Flute" was visually very similar and I wondered if maybe somehow someone copied OCP...?

It was definitely pre-9/11 but SOAD was very much a part of my Process. They are descendants of Armenian Genocide survivors. I felt very connected to all of their sensibilities: visual, political, lyrical, technical. These guys have high end chops.

Don't know why I wandered into watching their videos again but happy to see that I still get a lot out of watching them.

My godparents were in a car accident. They have since been back and forth a few times between hospital and home... I haven't had a chance to get to Oak Hill to see how they really are. (Both of them were so doped up when I last called that I decided to wait a few days.)

Certainly made for another eerily other-earthly situation sensation. I had been pondering for days and days as to whether I should take this chair massage gig in South Austin. Doing so would mean driving a lot, potentially making less money (at least at first) but then again, it would put me less than 5 minutes away from my Dad and Mark's parents and maybe 15 minutes away from my godparents twice a week. I had just committed to 8 weeks when I got the call about the car accident. Interesting how things work out sometimes. The Great Whatever can have a practical side.

Cyber-Self: Not gonna lie, I'm pretty damned impressed by your progress on the Tangled Fishing Line. I know you'll be done in no time at all. Good Luck.

Punkin-Chunkin: All of August-December 2011...oops...too big for just one chunkin'. Dang Nabbit. I hate chores. (sigh) First things first.

FORE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home