Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Evening Detanglin'

Just had a wonderful phone conversation with an awesome young man I know. I truly appreciate his forthrightness in building our friendship and it's brick-by-brick slow-goin's, too. But he'd be the first to tell you that talking one-to-one is a major challenge for him. His effort warms and softens my heart. He reminds me so much of my son! He's a good person who sometimes has a hard time conveying.... just: "conveying."

Most of us take the ability to communicate for granted and that's where we get into Trouble. A big snag in the Tangled Line is my frustration at the lack of compassion in some folks. It's like they can't even muster enough empathy to even reverse roles for a nanosecond. It freaks me out. Inept Conveyors are everywhere and we should treat them with love and respect. I know because I am one!

My daughter and I came to the conclusion that my version of Tough Love sounds like: blubber blubber blubber boo-hoo sniffle "please" blubber blubber sob sob "stop" blubber blubber blah blah blah blah... It's essentially ineffective and, at it's worst, has made my children pity me. Sad.

So I raise my hands in the air and yell to the Great Whatever: "I SUCK at conveying Tough Love!" and then I have to laugh because I suck at a lot of things. I could get hoarse! And how silly would that look? No sillier than I look now.

Cyber-Self: I know it's tempting, but don't dye your hair just yet. Not quite time for a makeover. Consider this your horoscope for the rest of January.

Punkin-Chunkin: Created a chore for myself that I just flat out don't want to do. Pfft. But, in the interest of hurling 2011, I will do it tomorrow.

Loading...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home