Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Since I'm thinking about it anyway...

'Might as well blog it. "It" being the subject of bullies.

I remain in daily contact with a very small group of folks in Lockhart. One friend commented that she thought certain politicians were bullies (yesterday was the Primaries) and that she hated bullies. A light bulb went off over my head and I finally saw the common thread in all of my soured Lockhart acquaintances: they were all, on some level, bullies. It doesn't always take the form of outright shoving; the meanest bullies are manipulative just to fuck with people. Philly taught me to walk away when bullied because bullies hate that most of all. It has never been about doing anything back; I think I was so despised because I just didn't care.

And I'm, at best, a "three strikes you're out" acquaintance. I'll let a couple of slights/hurts go but come number 3, I'm done. 'Not sure why I'm like that but I DO know I'm protecting my mental health/well-being by doing so.

I have no malice towards anyone to any great extent. Obviously I'm still angry but that's very different. I'm hurt but I'm not taking it too personally…considering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home