Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Quick Check-In

I've tried to make some art in the last few days but it's all been a little…disappointing. Mostly because I've been lost in a sea of Special Needs paperwork. I'm just now coming to a Major Challenge in Micro-Hut Living: it's a great space for thinking/creating but NOT for report-writing. I'm working on that; I've let my supervisor know honestly what obstacles I'm up against. It's nice to have a cheerleader.

This morning, as I'm impatiently waiting to see if my (overdue) files can be read (!), I got to thinking about…thinking. I do A LOT of pondering in my 'Hut. It occurred to me that my space, if it were bare, would be akin to a prison cell. 'Pretty sure the size is close. And then it occurred to me that former inmates might fare better in the "real world" if they could live in a Micro-Hut after incarceration; if they could fill a slightly larger space with all of the things they wished they'd had in jail, would it solve some transition issues? Affordable housing in a size that addresses their long term existence in small spaces…

Like I said, great for thinking but real work, not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home