Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Behind the Scenes, "Behind the Lines"

"Behind the Lines" is my cousin's radio show on KDRP. They record the show every Tuesday night in my cousin's shop and broadcast twice weekly. He and his co-hosts have had great guests (famous names that I don't happen to know…!) and that makes everyone here so happy. I love being blissfully ignorant of "who's who"; makes for a more sincere introduction.

Well, this being SXSW time, and since the planets somehow aligned, "Behind the Lines" has been able to record LOTS of famous folks over the last two days (more tomorrow). The whole "event" kinda appeared out of nowhere. I think one of the hosts networked with a talent agent or publicist (he's in movies). My sweet cousins were starstruck and didn't know quite what to do about so many people coming over. Something clicked and I just started prepping food and cooking.  I can't quite explain where it came from but I think I just catered! Unfortunately I spent a whole lotta dough which will dawn on me when the compliments wear off.

There's really no greater reward than doing for those who truly appreciate what you have to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home