Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Happy New Book!


'Took me more than a week to post anything along the lines of "Happy New Year"; things are off to a bangin' start. I am very determined to create a Blog Art book that knocks the socks off my first attempts. Yee Haw!

New Year's Eve in Trusty the Truck

I can't even begin to express how much I needed to p-a-r-t-y. 'How much I needed to just let it all GO. So when I was invited to ring in the New Year in San Marcos at a party where 96% of the people were absolute strangers, I just had to go. I packed sleeping gear in Trusty so I could crash out and the Adventure was everything I needed and more. Yes! 'Love those Sweet Ladies.

And I slept GREAT all cozied into my pillows, pad, and sleeping bag. New Year's dawn I poked my head up, climbed into the driver's seat and prayed that I would make it home in time to go to the bathroom. Haha! I just couldn't disturb the kiddos.

Dissolution

I will no longer attend church here in Lockhart. The congregation I just left should separate from the UMC and do what they want. I'm so very offended by their behavior; by the depth of their dishonesty.  A few "key" members treated our new pastor as if he were the Devil himself when in all Truth, he was the first true UMC preacher I've heard in a very long time. Turns out that it's because he was insistent upon keeping with the UMC doctrine (and found $$$ issues) that he was ousted. The smokescreen of gossip consisted of whispers about his "temper" and that he was a "bully". Wicked-mean-elderly people freak me the fuck out. It is my intention to never return to that building. I would feel vindicated if the sign changed and the words "United Methodist" were removed.

I am considering the UMC in Manchaca...(the congregation that ousted my father over 40 years ago; long story.) I would attend with my Aunt Lil. 'Gonna try to meet with the 2 pastors (both are female) to get a sense of what kind of church I'd be attending. If that doesn't jive I might have to go all the way into town to St. Luke's. That would be weird...but interesting.

Adhesion

('Couldn't think of a better word!) I conveyed my feelings regarding my worship situation to a very diverse, very private group of local friends and I received so much...love! I never solicit support so when it's spontaneously given, it overwhelms me a little. I'm certain that we were drawn together because a few of us have been challenged to the Edges of our Faith recently. 'Especially in regard to this town...pfft. It's hard to keep a Happy Face here sometimes but I'm going to keep trying.

Resolution

Professionally, I'm hoping to shift my efforts more to my private practice. I've asked my McJob if I could work just on Sundays and sub as needed. 'Haven't heard a word...my McManager sucks.

Before the Holidays, I purged my wardrobe. Now ALL of my clothes are in one closet...along with a lot of my massage gear. I LOVE the simplicity. It occurred to me the other day I spend all of my time in the "office" (my room). I use the iPad for TV, work on the computer, putter around without ever venturing to other corners of the house. It also occurred to me that I am so very much like my father!

And no, I don't have any weight loss intentions at the moment. 'Kinda enjoying being a Big Girl. Certainly reduces the likelihood of anyone paying any attention to me...at least men...there are probably women in this town who talk about last year's gain. Oh well.

Confusion

Terrible domestic circumstances with one my disabled clients; mom shot dad in the ass...apparently. I have to wait for questions to be asked though all of the agencies before I can visit. I have no idea what the result will be. Love that kid but I know by now to expect that my heart will ALWAYS be broken by these kids eventually. Every relationship will have an endpoint. I'm very relieved that the boundaries have been pretty solid. I pray for my client's well-being.

Conclusion

Since I've decided to drop my tired writing devices, I'm at a loss at how to end an entry. (oh snap! just stop writing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home