Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm with Stupid

One of the elements I LOVE about blogging is the inevitable opportunity to laugh at myself (or at least scold myself with compassion.) I totally caught myself listening too much to my ego; I was one step away from Total Bellybutton Lint Acquired Wisdom Syndrome (TBLAWS! haha)

All of my ramblings about the Shift, Death, Filters...I just assumed what I was sensing was something that would happen to me. 'Guess I'll have to give points to the Great Whatever on this insight because I keep getting the same Positive Reinforcement: I am here for Good Reasons. Sometimes my role is to be a Witness until otherwise instructed; a neutral presence that's kinda "recording" the Whole Thing.

My boss lost a friend last weekend in a tragic accident. The friend's tractor flipped and he was cut in half. Watching my boss process this has been very Life affirming and totally beyond my personal experiences...but not. For all of his flaws (and my own), we "get" each other and it seems right that I am/we are there to support him.

And then there's the sudden change in Boo's Brother's Cancer. The doctors have sent him home; there's nothing else they can do. I'm preparing myself for a visit to Funeral Land because it's always a tough ride...on every level. No doubt this will complete my bonds to my new family. We are a Good Fit. I love them very much for their willingness to make that happen. This will be my opportunity to be supportive.

And then there's Philly (....I know, right? Does it ever END with this woman?!?!) In my Special Crew, there are two who are now Precarious. One needs a liver transplant (we are bar friends after all, though I don't know if that's the cause...sure it wasn't helpful) and one who is fighting Cancer for the second time (he already doesn't look good and he's starting chemo...I'm lovingly realistic and he appreciates that.) Three of my Nick's friends have passed away since I moved to Texas. Loving these guys and gals has always been bittersweet...most are over 60 and have hardly lived a "healthy lifestyle". When I looked around the bar this past Friday, I realised that I adored all of these folks because they are, without exception, "un-marriable". And they always treated me with such sweetness. Whatever it was/is, it's all about the Love.

I know I know...it still sounds like it's all about me but that's more a writing-style issue. First Person doesn't necessarily mean Only Person. ;-)

Life is Rich...with details, nuances, misperceptions, errors, healing, Joy. There are no blank spots.

So Cyber-Universe...I'm gonna try to lay off a little with the preachin'. Life happens to everyone. More often than not, it's totally not my "job" when it comes to how anyone else does It. I should look into "mastering" my OWN Life soon! HAHA

Good Luck with that Cyber-Self! (maybe not so funny...okay it pretty much is...hee hee) Keep it Light! XO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home