Saturday, May 11, 2013

God's Brat

I would have to say that one of the greater Lessons from Camp Meeting is that, when it comes to being a Child of God, I'm pretty much a brat.

One favorite case in point: I've found myself getting a little pouty that no one has acknowledged the changes I've made since my first trip to Camp Meeting. "C'mon! I'm being so GOOD!..."

And then I realize that, overall, what I've changed is my schedule and the ways in which I tithe my time. Without a church or a strong social circle in Lockhart, my time SHOULD be given to family and the stewardship of our legacy (7 generations connected to one spot). Expecting a pat on the back is immature.

I know God loves me because He waits for me to "get it" before I get my "treat". The song written about my smile that was performed in my cousin's presence was The Reward. The recent reduction in meds is The Proof. My mind, body, and soul are aware; my Ego is sure to follow...eventually.

My cousin's son, age 7, asked me if I was going to Camp Meeting this year. I told him I wanted to if it was okay with everyone. Sure hope it is.

I re-read my post, "Law of Conpensation" this morning. Even being aware of my brat tendencies doesn't seem to diminish my opinion that I deserve monetary compensation from a Certain Person. I can imagine him reading this; wanting to call it extortion. To that I say:

If you leave a fire unattended in the woods and the forest burns down, it's your fault. Acting as if you were a random "lightening strike" just doesn't cut it...you lit the match, Dude. And you walked away with the bliss of a clear conscience. Yes. I am a Brat. The years fighting this Wildfire alone has made me one. It's time for Major Reforestation and quite frankly, I can't afford it financially. The Brat in me thinks I shouldn't have to worry about the cost.

Oh my. I went from Pollyanna to Pissed pretty quick, didn't I. Some days, the Brat in me wins.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home