Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First Monday with Dad


I can't believe it's taken 4 days to post this image. I'm pretty good about ending my sessions by putting up the final jpeg right away. Maybe in this case it's because I know this one might have a bit of an emotional charge. I don't personally feel very connected to the snapshot but it really is one of those moments...my mother would be dead within 5 years and none of us would ever be the same. But what is "the same"? All kinds of possibilites lay ahead when the photo was taken. And everyone looks very happy, handsome, healthy, and unafraid of the Future.

I started my new Life/Work Schedule. 'Proper nouns because it really takes some maneuvering to have enough time for family and still make enough money to keep things moving. I gave up a lucrative shift at the McJob in order to spend Mondays with Dad (IF no private clients have booked.) I put to the other McTherapists that I can be scheduled online to sub for them and so far one lady has booked. AND I've been inundated with local appointments yesterday and today. My Boo says it's Good JuJu.

Our first Monday together was absolutely wonderful. Dad was working on a publication so there were long periods of time when it was best for me to occupy myself. I took a walk around the property which was surprisingly inspirational. I do love our land (which used to cover most of Manchaca if one considers the original owners in our family tree.)

And when Dad took breaks, we did fun stuff. We watched Leonard Cohen videos (which I liked!), I installed his pen and tablet, and did a little Photoshop demo. We ate breakfast and lunch at the table. Very cool. Very relaxed. My evening South Austin client had to be rescheduled so I had absolutely no agenda...I NEEDED that! 'Guess Dad did too cuz he seemed pretty happy.

So off I run. I'm already behind, I haven't eaten. Oi.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home