Sunday, November 27, 2011

Just to catch you up, the previous post states: "Birthday sucked." True dat. 'Didn't see it coming and I'm actually glad it happened the way it did.

Last year about this time, Boo and I were driving home from a party when the song, "Dedicated to the One I Love" by the Mamas and Papas played on my iPod. He cranked it up and played it over and over and by the third time we're both yelling/singing in harmony. Awesome. Significant.

Last year was the 40th anniversary of my mother's death in a car accident. That song was my parent's "song". My father used it in a film school short about his being away in 'Nam.

It's also mine and my daughter's. Great love songs aren't about romance.

So here was the man I love, falling in love with such an Important Song. And then I realized that it was the 40th anniversary and I had to smile at God. I love it when things get soooo connected.

This year I wasn't connected to anything but Facebook. 'Had a great day before, celebrating with family. 'Had a great day after, too. But the actual day was just pitiful. I'm pretty much over it today...I think. 'Might have a cold.

Dear Cyber-Universe: Hmmm. If you think something's unethical and/or immoral, it probably is. Never, ever presume I've personally made any kind of judgement unless I feel compelled, out of Love, to say something. Otherwise...please...get over yourselves already. Don't make me some type of symbol of opposition. 'Waste of time...for me especially.

Cyber-Self: You go, Grrrl. But the minute you start taking yourself too seriously, it's all over. Lighten up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home