Wednesday, February 02, 2011

My Boo

(Note: I had to edit some of this the next morning. Some things just didn't sound right.)

Even though this photo is over 30 years old, I still see this image of a young man when I look at my Boo. Maybe it's because, in so many ways, he's still very much the same. I was 15-16 when I had a crush on Mark; at the time, I hated it because I knew I wasn't popular or pretty enough. I believe there's yearbook picture (80?) of the Madrigal singers and he's posed with his hand on my shoulder. I look thoroughly annoyed.

The Great Experiment
There are days when I am absolutely overcome with Awe and Bewilderment: how did I end up here? Of all of the people in my past, why Mark? Our paths after high school couldn't have been more divergent. He stayed here and I went to Philly and stayed 22 years. So why does this relationship make Perfect Sense? How are we able to live together so well?

(smiling at you, Cyber-Universe) It's totally a God Thing. Call It what you need to: the Great Whatever, Kismet, Higher Power (too 12 Step for me personally), Allah...you get the point. And I think God has a great sense of Humor and Irony. (Hard to tell just what's up globally with Him though....sigh)

I just needed to get that thought out. This Adventure with my Boo has been/always will be an Endless Discovery of Why I Love Him. 'Got an attitude of gratitude.....

Stay Warm, Sweet Cyber-Universe! Enjoy your day, Cyber-Self!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home