Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ok...so what's with the New Art?

Happy Thursday, Cyber-Universe! Hey ya, Cyber-Self!

I recently decided to start some new year resolutions early; making "something" (almost) daily is one of these. Doesn't matter if it's a doodle or a pot of soup just as long I make it myself, for myself. I share what I want to share.

These particular pieces came out of thinking a lot about Fractal Geometry. (My husband and I watched a PBS show about it.) Definitely groovy science. In fact, I see it as being connected to my profession. Most of my massage therapy work is with connective tissue and I have a hunch there are answers in this math for how dysfunctional tissue develops. (Sometimes it's good to feel nerdy. )

My posts don't look like they have much to do with the images in the link above but they do in spirit. There are both specific rules and the element of chance for each set. Each is penciled with a ruler, traced freehand with a marker, scanned, inverted, reverted, colored, inverted, reverted and then I would change the image color balance arbitrarily. Invert the new one, revert it, change the color arbitrarily, etc. It hardly conveys Chaos but I liked how the color relationships changed; some seem "peaceful", others kind of "pop".

Beats looking at stock market reports or watching news.

Namaste and have fun. XO-D

PS (added Friday 7:30am)
EUREKA! I found a way to truly take the Fractal Groove with the pieces: Scroll down to the the previous post, stare at the template for a second and then scroll down, as fast or slow as you want but I recommend using the manual "down" button, until you reach the Quilt and scroll back up. The effect is best with the first and third set; almost makes we wish I could change the order.. oh well. Repeat and repeat until your brain says "Eureka", too. (If it's possible.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home