Thursday, March 15, 2007

Nor'easter

This is a picture of my office. Today is Friday* and I am not there. In retrospect, I really should be there...

We are experiencing what I PRAY is the last of our snow/sleet/misery-sent-from-God. I decided that, since my office printer doesn't work, that I would work on my taxes at home. In the home office. Because the printer works and I didn't want to go out.

I am now in that home office sitting in the rain. Yes, it is dripping rain in my home... again.

With the financial cloud that is hanging over my head, do I really need to be rained on, too?

My husband doesn't like for me to take these things personally. After all, with all of the freeze/thaw action this winter, there was bound to be something... does this man realize how lucky he is to be alive? (Just kidding. Really.)

I have realized that this was my first winter/spring cycle since I cut back the meds. And I suspect edges of periomenopause creeping into play. I can't say that I met every challenge recently in the best of form but I've hung in there.

The exhausting element has been my over-thinking. 'Heard from another person from the past (anyone taking a head count here? it's been weird) and it was helpful; the more pieces of my personal puzzle I can find, the better. And, of course, the ones lost the longest are the most poignant in their return. This time I revisited how much I miss making music. I'll never quite understand why I closed the door so solidly on the talent I once had...

Sounds like Momma needs out with the camera and some time in the Photoshop. (As my sister says, "Will do, Mildew" and then I look up... mildew in the summer in the office with no A/C. This house is a nightmare. Pray for us.)

So hopefully, I will have art-o-facts next time I blog. It will just HAVE to be about Good News 'cuz this shit is getting beyond the absurd. And would any other ghosts and/or skeletons from the past please just go ahead and write? I'd like to catch up to myself by the time I'm 50... is that too much to ask?

Thanks Cyper-Universe for being there. Thanks Cyber-Souls. I needed that!

Namaste,
Denise

*Yes, I realize that the post says Thursday... I wrote this at about 11am and my blog was set on another time zone but I don't remember which. If you want to do the math, go for it. But it was Friday. :-) DMC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home