Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Office Buddha

My my how the mind can wander...

I have tried to upload a recent photo for the last half-hour. Ironic. And I was all in the mood to share my new-found sense of Peace. (I'm "redirecting" my energy as I write; a nifty method I learned in meditation class.) Ommmm-my God I can't believe I've forgotten how to upload.

Anyway, I am hopeful you will see this elusive image above this post.

I left my last entry with a bit of anger and I feel fortunate that it has passed; at least regarding my current realities and that of my friends and family. I do feel lighter. I know I'm smiling more. Besides having a great time with my whole family over the Thanksgiving holiday, there was a bit of goofball Serendipity here and there. I like that. Perhaps wanting to find it has a lot to do with seeing it.

When I was in NYC with my sister and brothers-in-law, I got to visit a store I had gone into over 10 years ago. I had saved a postcard from the Visions of Tibet shop because I was so... entranced when I was there. It is still the same. On this trip, I found my Office Buddha. I had picked it up once, set it down to look around, and I found myself picking it up again. I held it to my cheek of all things. And the people who run the store seem so beyond serene. I was given my credit card in cupped hands. How can you NOT bow a little in return?

My Office Buddha now resides next to my fountain on my windowsill.

I am reminded of so many things when I look at him; reminders of how I want to be and the reality of who I am now. Maybe one day I can say that I have bridged the difference.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home