Saturday, August 27, 2005

cameraman

For my daughter's birthday, we rented a pair a motel rooms so we could use their swimming pool. (Lack of affordable swimming is an east coast thing; you either "join" a pool or IF there is a public pool close by, the city has probably closed it.)
Where does this guy fit in? The girls were playing in the pool and one of them spotted him on the roof. He was obviously working for the hotel because he was with other motel staff but still... there was something about him. So I took pictures of him. And then he took pictures of me taking pictures. I often take the full scope of human communication for granted and the image excited me because he was very far away and yet so seemingly easy to "read". (As I probably was!)
I'll be checking their website soon for unauthorized photos of the girls playing in the water.
I made this image into a painting because I like some of the fx, i.e. the windows. I should have made the spotlight a bit smaller because I really didn't want attention drawn to his crotch and it might have fit more uniformally in the frame. I guess that's what happens with photo-editing on the run!
Peace, Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home