Friday, March 31, 2006

Work in Progress/Process




In the past week, my life has completely shifted... nothing like an all-day meditation seminar (March 25th) to shake things up.

I'm not angry about my husband's choice to remain in Philly. What changed? I realized that my love for our Shore house stemmed from the changes HE made to the place; there was a time that I hated that house. The changes he made "exorcised" whatever ill-will lurked there. So... I have challenged my husband to impress me with our Philly renovation. Work the magic. Surprise me. Make me love it.

I've also embraced the idea of a place of my own while all of this is happening. Should I go artsy-industrial? Tiny and cheap? In the neighborhood? Out? Use it for massage or not? I have complained over the years about not having an empty closet to move into... maybe I'll have a closet, maybe I won't. I do have to keep in mind that the house might not be done on time so I have to consider who may have to bunk up with me. (My daughter is already telling me what SHE wants to have there... where does she get his pushiness from? har har)

There have been other changes, too. I don't sweat as much, or at all, when I give a massage now. To me that's major because I am always worried about dripping on my clients. (A professional hazard you don't hear about very often!) So far, so good; I'll take it. I hope I can keep that kind of calm in my work, if not my LIFE!

Today is Friday. I have no clients that I know of for chair today and I don't book Swedish on Fridays. I have a massage scheduled FOR me at 4 and I think that might be the extent of my absolute obligations for the day. I could get April's TransPass. I might go to the bank with my husband; it could wait until Monday. I might pick up a package that UPS kept trying to deliver. I might have a few beers with my pals. (Okay, I probably will make time for a that... it is Friday after all)

One thing I won't do is indulge Serenity Suckers. Youse are on your own today.

Peace to all, Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home